Sunday, November 15, 2009

SATURDAY NIGHT LYNCH

  Yesterday I hunted the morning in the Elijah stand and saw nothing. By the time I got home I already had a report from Savage. He'd been driving the golf cart to his stand (yes he drives the cart in) when he spotted a nice 8 just off the road. He kept driving (no eye contact) and stopped the cart 30 yards away. The buck lowered his head and started feeding. Savage got out his release, nocked an arrow, and.......the buck disappeared.
   I spent the rest of the morning creeping around in the rain. I jumped 8 deer. 5 I could tell were does. Then I went up early into Savage's stand above GNJohn's. He'd already told me he was going back to Orange County to hunt the afternoon. I made a couple of grunts and to my amazement a nice spike appeared and walked right under the stand. I had high hopes for the afternoon. I was wrong. Nothing came through. At dark I got down.
   Around 7pm Savage called. THE DEER REPORT: I'd blown a path with the leaf blower to my stand behind the house last week. And I'd seen a real nice track in the path. I didn't get into the stand until 3:30. I wasn't in the stand long when I saw a doe coming in. And right on her heels was a 8 trotting in. He wasn't a monster, but when he got within range I drew back. I hit him a little high, but felt I'd made a good hit. It was getting dark so I got right down and got on his track. There were little bubbles in the blood. I think I caught a lung. He didn't run 150 yards. Then I went home and got Bonnie (the butterfly tracker). I put her on the track and she went right to the deer. I just got it cleaned up and am heading over to the Rowe farm.

Congratulations to Savage on a good clean kill and to Bonnie for finding it with no butterfly interference. One week left with the bow. Can I get one in? Stay tuned.   

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home