Thursday, December 24, 2009

FINAL REPORT

     Bow season began on October 15th and muzzle loader ended on Dec. 22nd. That's it for deer season 2009. My season started exciting and frustrating. After grunting in a big 8 I shot over him and then under him. I let a lot of does walk and never had another crack at a buck with the bow. Once the shooting started the deer seemed to disappear. Day after day i hit the woods and drug my ass home empty handed. I began to question my ability as a hunter. I missed an easy shot at a doe with the .243. The infamous exploding bullet. Then the weather switched. It snowed and got cold. My luck seemed to change with the weather. I shot a 6 with the .243 and then a four and a doe with the muzzle loader. In the end I had a great season. And we all know it's how it ends, not how it started that we remember.
   Savage was a great help in writing this blog. Slick asked me the other night if his luck with big bucks was just that- luck. Some yes, but mostly he's just an experienced, very good deer hunter. He knows his shit. And he can take out a deer's eye at 400 yards. And no, he's not just my imaginary friend. He really does exist. 
    After the holidays I have to get back to work. Good friends Chuck and the Contessa bought an old farm house just down the road from WSSP. WSSP II will carry me through until turkey season. Hopefully I'll have some supermodels to share with you and do a little coyote hunting in the deep freeze. Now it's last minute shopping, butchering and hanging my stocking with care. Happy Holidays and Peace and Love to all.     

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home