Sunday, December 30, 2012

48 0N 24

     Way before Zero Dark Thirty there was 24. And our post-deer season, post 9/11 Holiday spirit gift from the Audience Channel is a 24 marathon. Jack, Kim, Terry, Nina, Tony, George, etc. are all back in back to back, no commercial interruption, episodes. We got a foot of snow, single digit temperatures, and I've been banished from WSSP for the Holiday week, due to a college application frenzy for Tee-Hoo. I seem to be a distraction, what with my loud voice, pot-smoking, TV watching, booze drinking intrusive nature. So no kid snuggling, bad Tv watching, egg nog swilling, dinner made for me- lazy evenings in my future. No, I have Kim menaced by a mountain lion AND survivalist Kevin Dillion (who just wants company) locking her in the bomb shelter. Erect nippled Kim, fresh from the shower, seems to fit his doomsday prepper fantasy to a tee. But he's really just misunderstood. He gives her his gun, and sets her free. Then Jack and George fly the atomic bomb into the..... you get the picture.
   I got hooked on 24 during some period when i wasn't working and it was the 2pm fare. But this episode after episode orgy is too much to resist. Between shoveling out, I'll watch it all again. All Kim's bad choices in really good looking men. Hot Nina turned into ashen makeup terrorist Nina, who we were all glad when she killed whiny, clingy Terry- the late Mrs. Bauer. Man, this shit is good,
     Mupp calls and I tell him of my 24 obsession and he reminds me how he was on board with Jack from day one. He suggests I keep the 9mm. close "just in case Jack needs you." He's right. I find my pistol in the closet, slide in a magazine and lay it on the coffee table. As much as being banished from WSSP has made me really....really want to crash the girls' party, I don't know how I could now. The wind is blowing, the mercury is dropping and Jack just parachuted from the plane carrying the atomic bomb. George (dying from radiation poisoning) selflessly flys the plane and bomb safely into some suburb way out in the desert. LA is saved. The phone may ring at any minute. It's gonna be a long winter. I'm ready Jack.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home