Thursday, February 7, 2013

SQUIRREL ON THE SKELETON

 Gun people. Here's your worst nightmare. Instead of some wimpy, persecuted, heavily armed sociopath going off, our latest mass killer of distinction is a steroid infused, highly trained, proficient people killer. An ex-army, ex-cop individual has run amuck in Cali. His online manifesto names names and off he goes to carry out the mission. Multiple peace officers are targeted, shot and either wounded or killed. In the ensuing police state hysteria a truck (matching the description) containing two women delivering papers, is strafed with "friendly" fire. Both women are wounded. Heading for the hills, the shooter abandons and burns his truck, disappearing into the mountains surrounding BIG BEAR ski resort. That's all I know so far.

   The next blizzard of the century is coming and I'm getting ready. Eye medicine? Check. Beer? Check. Firewood? Check. Fill the lamps with oil. Put a pot of venison stew on the stove. I put the sex doll back in the church. The George Michael vagina was freaking me out. Both legs are now tattooed and I'm happy. Every time my hand inadvertently brushed that......  shudder. Anyways, having Afro-Paul, my new humidifier in the room is making it crowded enough. Heating by wood can really dry the place out. Afro-Paul helps.
   Outside I've switched out deer skeletons. I boned out both does I shot back in the fall and hung them from the pine tree. They are natural bird feeders. Woodpeckers, chickadees, cedar wax wings, rose breasted gross beaks all flit in and out of the rib cage, gorging on the suet and sinew. I've kept one skeleton salted, waiting in the church, just for this mid-winter snow storm purpose. The other, I've had hanging, has been eaten to the bone. I no sooner hang the fresh one and the hungry birds swarm it. They know the storm is coming.

   We live in a society, a gun culture, that's been at war for over ten years. My only surprise when it comes to the scary, deranged Cali cop-killer is that it didn't happen sooner and doesn't happen more often. The (I think), well-meaning but mis-directed sniper in Texas, being gunned down by one of his client/patients with PTSD is another example. Sure this sniper/author killed 150 individuals at long yardage, but he never saw this one coming. When one of these guys gets loose and goes off the page, it's like a squirrel jumping on the skeleton. None of the little birds will get to eat in peace.      

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home