Tuesday, December 27, 2022

LIAR, LIAR

 What if I told you: I left the house at 6:45 am, walked down the hill to my stand above the Hassidics and settled in for the morning's hunt. The only movement was crows (or ravens) cackling and sounding like Tibetan throat singers swooping through the woods. There was no movement until about 7:30 when.....I caught something to my left. The gun was hanging on the rest by the sling. Slowly I turned and lifted it in place. Then I heard the distinctive "crunch-crunch" of a deer approaching in the frozen snow. I looked up. Oh my God! It was........ 

    You see that was all bullshit. I hunted until 9:30 am, froze my ass off and saw nothing. You trust me to give you the straight report. Otherwise why would you bother to read me? And I do. The point being that if you wanted fiction you'd read a Republican's blog. The latest on the admitted liar Rep. George Santos from Long Island is that yeah, he's an admitted liar but the egg is on the Dems. faces because they didn't discover that fact sooner. I got to admit I agree. What kind of opposition research team can't discover that the guy doesn't own property, isn't Jewish, didn't graduate college and lives with his mom? Pitiful.

   I can't stand liars. It's a pet peeve. The truth can be ugly, embarrassing, hurtful and inopportune. But a lie is corrosive. It fucks with the past, present and future. Now Rep. Santos will take the oath of office because even if he's an admitted liar he's an elected official. And the Republicans need every liar they they can get their hands on. 

   Tomorrow I'm going to walk (still no truck) to the cemetery stand, see if it's plowed and hunt the morning.. Then I'll walk to Post Office and see if Cheeky's special food has arrived. I'll keep you posted.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home