Monday, April 21, 2008

EATING THE DIRT COOKIE

Thanks to the goodwill of honorary little brother Crissy, I am once again hooked up with a computer and able to blog. It's a foreign feeling PC, reminiscent of those motel coffee rooms at Days Inn, but what the hell, aside from the vacum cleaner sound that big box makes....it'll do.

When we last talked, NY gov. Spitzer was on the way out the door, tail tucked between his legs, after a 4K bareback ride and the snow had yet to melt. Now the grass is turning green and the daffodils are in full bloom. Spitzer is old news, food riots are raging across the globe, supermodel Morgane is in town to record a new album (most supermodels have side projects)and turkey season is less than two weeks away. I've been working hard out at WSSP and planning for a show of my work in Williamsburg. You heard right. I'm having a show. I feel it's my duty as an artist to show at least every 20 years. No, it's not in a gallery. No gallery would show me. It's at Marianna Louise's apt. 190 Grand st., opening June 7,2008- 8pm. This approach is much better suited to my difficult temperment and bitter attitude regarding the artworld.
It will take a little while for me to figure out this computer, get up to speed loading photos and hit my stride with with words. So bear with me. There's a lot we have to talk about,not the least of which is a world where Americans bitch over the cost of filling their SUVs, send their kids to expensive private schools, and cut up dollar bills to make art, while Haitians eat dirt. Stay tuned for more pictures of pretty girls in various stages of undress. It's good to be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home