Tuesday, September 2, 2008

JOHN AND KATE PLUS 1

Not to steal any of Bristol Palin's thunder in announcing her pregnancy at 17, but I also have an announcement. Neice #1 Katie D. is expecting her first. Not as precocious as those Alaskan girls, KD has done it the more traditional way. She dated, went to college, got married, bought a house, got a good job, sold the house, and along the way got preggers. As everyone will recall I was bamboozeled into giving a very nice collage to "Little Booger". Unbenounced to me, the fix was in. Bird already knew LB was one the way. Just to be fair to KD's sister Betheroo- I will also do one for Little Booger #2. P.S.- No hurry there.

Now that that's out of the way, lets go back to Bristol Palin's pregnancy. Within hours of McCain's announcement of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate, the internet began to heat up with a rumor that the Gov.'s last child, a Down's Syndrome boy, was actually her daughter's baby. In order to dispell these rumor's the McCain people confirmed that anti-abortion torch bearer Sarah Palin's 17 year old, unmarried daughter, was in fact pregnant. A caveat followed, stating that the girl was soon to marry the baby's father and have the child. Guess that makes it OK?
Don't get me wrong. I'm not against babies out of wedlock. In fact I got some in my own family and they don't seem any worse for the wear. But none were birthed by teens. What I'm not thrilled about is the possibility of a vice president who cares nothing for sex education programs, the distribution of condoms in Africa and elsewhere, and has a daughter giving birth 4 years before she can legally have a beer. Baby Mommas everywhere may be rejoicing, but call me conservative, I don't see it as a great role model.
I know winters are long, dark and cold in Alaska and Bristol's intended most likely has a nice pick up truck and hunts and fishes. I'm sure he's the kinda boy any mother would be proud to have as a son-in-law (BEFORE SHE SENDS HIM TO IRAQ). But, fer Christ's sake, how irresponsible is it for him not to wear a raincoat? Does marrying the kid make it right? Don't the Republican's worry about teen pregnancy? In a way I embrace any missteps that "wrinkly old white dude" McCain makes in his bid for the presidency. And this seems to be a doozy. But what about the family? I feel sorry for these kids and their own "Little Booger" being thrust into the International spotlight. Once again. I blame the parents. I hope those Obama girls are being taught to cross their legs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home