Thursday, November 10, 2011

IFF (I'm fucking flabbergasted}

   This morning I hunted Majestic. It was 60 degrees. All this warm weather and a full moon has shut things down. I never saw a deer. So about 9 am I decided to move the stand. There's a spot on the edge of a pond, with some apple trees. It's a pinch point. I detached the stand and ladder and humped it down to a split crooked tree at an opening. I sat for a bit and then decided it would be better to come back in the afternoon.  The Hollie Witchey Project is starting up again, but today I have off due to client indecision. That's OK. It gives me time to sweep out the shack, do laundry, wash dishes...etc. Oh, and check in on the latest fb/Christies auction results.
   This morning was a shocker. A Cady Noland b. 1956 multiple went for $6 mil. plus. Now I don't begrudge any artist making it big, big, BIG! But I missed this one. Cady is the daughter of Kenneth Noland the painter. I like his work and Cady's, but I had no idea her work commanded such prices. I'll be the first to admit I'm out of touch in such matters, but if a Cady Noland print goes for that I'm sorry,  I am forced to raise my prices. All you people out there saving your pennies in order to buy a Kohl, a Gary Ray, a Richard Mauwra, or even a Tobias Yves Zintel, forget it. There's no way you can afford me now.
    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home