Tuesday, October 16, 2012

IDON'THAVEANY MUTUAL

 Well, the first two weeks of bow season have been exciting. I've seen loads of deer, turkey and coyotes. I had one shot at a coyote and missed. The only deer I've had within range was a little spike and I've yet to have the string back on meat. Does snort. Turkeys sound alarm putts and coyotes turn tail and run. The other day, well meaning friend Chuck McC called and asked if I'd been watching the debates? I hadn't. He said the Paul Ryan is a deer hunter. "He washes with unscented soap and cleans his clothes with the same. Maybe if you did this you'd get one. And there's always sitting in our living room and shooting one out the window." I know my non-hunting friends are well meaning, and most think I'm just no good at hunting.....but hey, I do know enough to wash my clothes and clean my pits. And no, I'm not desperate enough to shoot one off the lawn.....yet. The debates can go on without me.
    I have to admit I've been lazy in the mornings. It's been warm and every morning I've been out I haven't seen squat. I set the alarm every night, only to turn over and swat it at 5:30 am and go back to sleep. It's still early in the season. I'm not fully in the groove yet. It takes some time. So today I'm washing my hunting clothes again, paying bills and doing things I've been putting off for months. At the top of the list is "go to eye doc". My usual doc had thrown up his hands with me and kicked me loose. A woman answered the phone and asked the usual questions before setting up an interview for Dec. "What is your insurance company?" was first. "Idon'thaveany." I mumbled in response. "Excuse me?" I repeated my mournful admission. "Can you spell that?" It was then i realized she thought I was telling her the name of my insurance company. When I straightened her out we both had a good laugh.
   I don't know when this illusive "Obama Care" will ever kick in or whether it will help with my glaucoma. If I ever do have enough money to carry health insurance, will it even cover eye care? When will this wind die down? Is the rut going to be early this year? When i finally do get a deer in range will I make the shot? The last thing I want to have as my response, when the the supermodels ask for venison, is "Idon'thaveany." That's no laughing matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home