Thursday, October 10, 2013

QUESTION: WHO WILL SHOVEL THE TURD?

Answer: I will shovel the turd.

    Anyone interested in saving old religious structures from gravity, decay, lack of funds and neglect, must answer this question in the positive. Any other approach would just be wrong. Just like I would never ask any member of the congregation to do anything I was not prepared to do......(I'm still prepping for the burning of the dollar) I would never assign the lowliest of tasks to Pigpen. But it's still early in the job. I may change my answer.
    I should be in the woods instead of writing this blog. That front went through and it's finally cooling off. I'm seeing deer in the fields and i even had one walk about 50 yards behind the house stand. No shot, but got the pulse racing. Before you know it the pre-rut will kick in. Yet, I somehow can't kick my ass into gear at 4:00 pm, let alone- 6:00 am. I'm not in the zone. Plus, I'm just plain out of shape. Not working a construction job for almost a year made me soft. I ache all the time and even though I'm staying awake through the afternoon, I still can't put in the full eight hours. I don't even know whether it's possible to get back into shape at my age. Climbing a tree at the end of a work day is not looking great. Motrin and a bottle of beer is more like it.

   Working in downtown Glen Wild has been a trip. The hustle and bustle of the area is amazing! A lot of people don't realize that the church is on a back road, outside of Glen Wild proper. But the shul is smack dab in the middle of the action. It's been a real eyeopener to be working every day on a property in the village. Every morning before work I swing by Meadow's Muffin shop for a fresh baked croissant and a cappuccino and catch up on village gossip. Will OK is there, as is the owner Bob Meadows. We chit chat about this and then all go our separate ways, with big smiles on our faces. Maybe it's me, but I never noticed how friendly our little town is. "Hi Mrs. Budinski!" I wave. She smiles and waves back." Gosh, the trees are pretty." I yell. A little girl gets on the bright yellow school bus. Will OK lets me run an extension cord from his driveway light. I hear wind chimes. Isn't that a blue bird......?    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home