Thursday, March 31, 2022

RACE OR TOXIC GENDER?

   When I wrote the blog on the Oscars I had no idea this subject would go much further than blogspot let alone become a trigger flashpoint in today's super-woke sub-culture. Once again a blog that combines the pre-#MeToo era of mutual sexploitation and a day to day journal of hunting conditions (in season) has grabbed the world's attention. For those of you who have day jobs here's the update: the C. Rock v. W. Smith dust-up at the Academy Awards has (to no one's surprise) become a cultural touchstone. Video, that by now has been altered more times than Trump's Russian piss tape, is being poured over by sociologists, cultural anthropologists and anybody with a degree higher than secondary school to get at the REAL reason Smith clocked Rock. Was it because he was a "man" or specifically a "black" man seems to be the discussion. Hmmm? Let's see.

    I come down on the side of his sex, not race, being the problem. Not being a black man I may be dead wrong so I qualify everything I'm saying with I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. But that never stopped me before. Being a man I can relate to what goes wrong in our brains in times of crisis. When you pick apart the footage Will Smith is going along with the joke. "Oh that Chris." he's thinking  "he's such a........" then he turns and looks at his wife. Jada is not having it. In the time it would take to launch a nuclear bomb. the keys are turned and Will Smith is nothing more than a zombie-like vessel of retribution, a laser focused "smart bomb" about to be unleashed on Jada's (not Will's) enemy. He is helpless to resist. He WILL defend his wife's honor! Here I come you fucker..... 

   I know some of my forward thinking, post-feminist, BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ friends may disagree with my premise and defense of temporary insanity as a justification of violence at the Oscars, but I would argue that it is too little too late. I don't know how many best pictures or best directors deserved, if not a punch in the face, at least a pink belly. Gone With the Wind? Gimme a breakIt's right up there with Birth of a Nation. Nevertheless race seems not to play a big part in this example, except for the embarrassing fact that a black man can be viewed as as big an asshole as any white man. These two men have been successful, rich celebrities since the time they were just out of their teens. They don't exactly represent. The triggers are being pulled without thinking. Two uber-rich celebrity capitalists got in a PG-13 No Nudity bit of righteous indignation.  They just happened to be African American. I think we have way bigger racial issues to concentrate on in the real world. Let's move on. The lawyers will take it from here.             

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home