Friday, April 1, 2022

A SHORT UPDATE

       I really believed I could become a capitalist. I did. I wanted to give it a try. So I put this declaration out into the universe, shouted it from the roof tops, waving my hands wildly. I gave it a solid 48 hours and all I felt was disgust and shame. No sales. Forget the fact that I now have 276 drawings, completely disregarding the laws of supply (seemingly unlimited) to demand (none), the inner turmoil that my declaration as a person "only concerned with the bottom line" was unfathomable. I was already an alcoholic. To put capitalist in front of "drunk" seemed redundant. Why would I ever want to be a part of that very large club? So I'm back, a social sculptor working on the fringes for no remuneration.......broke as hell, but happy as a clam. I won't try that again. Phew! That was close.

 

1 Comments:

At April 2, 2022 at 5:53 AM , Blogger RWO said...

Art is a noble pursuit. The pursuit of money is unimaginative and sophomoric.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home