Monday, January 2, 2023

THIS IS THE END MY FRIEND

    The season ended yesterday. Bird was the last man standing (or sitting as the case may be). The last day for Savage and I was Friday.  Bird and Savage tried to get a deer in front of me to no avail. The radio crapped out immediately. So I just sat in the silence for an hour counting crows. Bird saw over 30 deer and nobody got a shot. This is the end of a long, hard hunted, frustrating, season with plenty of action. I missed two good bucks and one large doe. The doe I shot, could not find, only to stumble across before a large snowstorm hit was what I will remember most. It was a gift from the Gods.

   This will be my last blog for a while. Milawyer advises me to be quiet. It's good advice. 2023 just could be the year of endings. I've already stopped playing guitar and writing songs. This has been much easier than I had anticipated. Forty years of song writing and twenty years of guitar playing has not only gotten me nowhere, I've bored myself to tears. Turns out you really do need talent. Who knew? I may or may not be able to spring turkey hunt or bow hunt deer. I can't see much with this eye. Shotgun iron or a bow sights are no good. Unless the eye snaps back, I'm presently dependent on a scope to see my prey. And as far as my career goes what with confidentiality agreements and NDA's looming on the horizon my lips will be sealed for the near future. My practice is faltering.

    To my loyal family of followers (most related by blood) I want to thank you for reading HWS. I heartily enjoy the fact that my family reads me. Hell, even Shewho won't go on the blog. She loves me, but refuses to read me. TMI. I understand and don't force the issue. I need her too much. I don't know what else I'm going to stop doing in 2023. Drugs? Alcohol? Sex? Hunting? Art? Who knows. Signing out....for now.      

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home