Saturday, December 2, 2023

DECONSTRUCTION RECONSTRUCTION

 What a 24 hours! Here's the timeline:

11:59 pm Dec. 1 - After learning of the removal of my artwork from the Social Sculpture Park I jumped in the truck and drove to Mountain Dale.

12:15 am Dec. 2 - My worst fears confirmed I drive home (past the deputy sheriff tucked in his prowler off Old Glen Wild Rd.) to call the Fallsburg Police Dept. They know me by name by now.

12:45 am - After a frustrating call with Officer Gonzalus, we agree that I'll call back at 7:00 am and meet somebody in Mountain Dale to take my report, again.

1:00 am - Crawl back in bed with Cheeky. He doesn't stir.

5:30 am - The alarm goes off. Unable to calm down enough to hunt, I make coffee and wait for sunrise next to the wood stove.

8:00 am - Call the cops again. This time the guy is friendly and knows the whole deal. He sends out another officer at shift change to take the report.

9:00 am - Meet a young white guy in bullet proof vest, driving an unmarked black Chevy SUV. He patiently listens as I explain Social Sculpture and the Resnick family dynamic. He promises to interview Little Bill and RNButch.

10:30 am - The SUV pulls up as I'm skinning out the eight pointer on my porch. The officer reports that Little Bill is in Florida and that he stood by as RNButch called his father and reamed the patriarch out for removing my work without so much as a how do you do?. 

Noon - RNButch calls and apologizes for his old man's behavior. "This was his parting gift to me." RNB explains, promising to get his worker Frankie to put the work back.

1:15 pm - Frankie calls. "Micaleeto.....I'm so sorry........Little Bill told me......." I knew Frankie had no culpability here. "Do you want me to stand up the big pedestal?" "No." I explained, "I want the park to look just as it had before the removal." Frankie was down.

2:00 pm - Finish quartering and removing the backstrap from the deer. Call Shewho and promise to cook dinner and bring beer and wine. She'll supply the edibles and bourbon. Then I take a nap.

5:00 pm - Drive to Shewho's in the pouring rain. We eat, drink, and party. She's tired of hearing me harp on my experiences in Social Sculpture, but puts up with me like the trooper she is. We eat, drink, argue, laugh, and listen to music. 

Midnight - The Cure is on the turntable as we decide to go to bed half-lit and......... 

THE END

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home