Thursday, October 10, 2024

HERE COME THE GODS

 John Hopfield and Geoffrey Hinton just won the Nobel Prize for physics. I usually don’t pay much attention to this kind of thing. But these cats may just be the two most important “Dr. Frankenstein” brains on earth. They will, according to their own calculations, “soon be eclipsed” in mental ability and capacity by their own invention - Artificial Intelligence. The beast has opened his eyes. IT LIVES!  A.I. applications like Lavender and Where’s Daddy? used by the IDF to target and kill Palestinians in Gaza and now the Lebanese people will most likely be in full effect as these scientists accept their checks and medals in Stockholm. How smart will these killing applications be by then? Count the bodies. In Hinton’s warnings, we do not know how to control this new technology and soon it has the capacity to bring back a new era of “fearing the Gods,” as unseen forces at play toy with our very existence – just like in the old days.  

        

We are already locked in what has all the earmarks of “end times” here in the USA. From the evil machinations of the Postal Service to MTG’s accusation that the Democrats can control the weather, to Haitian children nibbling on dog ears around the breakfast table, things look bleak. Bots are running the show already. It’s only going to get worse. Thunderbolts from the ancient heavens, thrown by an angry Zeus are going to look like butterfly kisses in comparison.

 

I don’t have a cell phone and try to minimize my dependence on technology. But if Shewho’s cell is anywhere within earshot I get ads for whatever we are discussing. Who needs a 14-inch dildo? I can still get it up and heat by wood. I think Shewho and I were discussing how long to cut logs for the stove just before the dildo ad came up on the CNN newsfeed. That’s just one example. I still have free-will….so far. But I can see a day when the money will come directly out of my checking account and the dildo will be delivered directly to my door (without me ordering it). Don’t want (or need) it? No problem. Just repackage and drop it in the mail. Wrong address? Sorry. Time is up. Bend over.

 

Fear of suffering under the wrath of these lurking, unseen, Gods has already manifested itself by Qanon crackpots and flat earthers in 2020. Seems quaint now, don’t it? A.I. was in its infancy then. Like the Corona virus A.I. has by now mutated and spread across the globe beyond all expectations. Even as these big brain scientists warn that Pandora is already out of her box, the media continues to spin the “good” applications of this God like force. “It may cure cancer.” the pundits spin. It also may unleash a nuclear holocaust. Pick one. The Gods are fickled.

 

Where’s daddy? He just walked in the front door of his tent with some bread and water for his starving and thirsty kids. 3-2-1…..FIRE! Nothing but dust.        

 

Thanks A.I. What a God send.

 

Nothing is moving in the woods. All the A.I. in the world won’t help getting on a shooter buck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home