Tuesday, October 13, 2009

CHURCH BELLS, GUNFIRE, AND LATIN

   It's fitting that I come back to this blog with a story about the neighbors. The last post, a little over a year ago, sets the stage. I have to admit WSSP- the blog was an utter failure. It became obvious that when you make your work your art it becomes just as boring as if it was just work along. That's why hunting becomes a much better vehicle to carry the narrative. That, along with the addition of pretty girls, I have to admit it's more entertaining... as a blog.  I can't deny it. You have to come to 192 Midway Rd White Sulphur Springs, NY in order to appreciate it. 
   So, I'm back and so are the girls. Hunting season for turkey started on the 1st of Oct. I've been out a couple of times and haven't seen a bird. WSSP is in the final stages so I can chill and hit the woods. This is my favorite time of year (outside of Spring). The leaves are past peak and it's been a banner year for the splendiforous foliage. All the rain made the mountains shine. Some wind has knocked the leaves off, but there's still plenty of green on the ridges. All I want to do is sit against a tree, with a 12 ga. on my knee and soak it up. 
   But.......the neighbors will not have it. On Monday I drove out to WSSP, planning to do a little hunting. And there, above the scowling Satan, was this- "Ni conglari Non Buscum" or something to that affect. Now, I've learned to expect almost anything from the neighbors. But Latin? I dial Shewho and she says Google sez- it translates as "Don't Fuck with Us!" Nice. I hit the Sheriff's office and a uniformed douche bag tells me it's free speech. "Don't let it bother you." he suggests like it's just that easy. "If he loaded a cannon and pointed at your house it would be harassment. Anything less is freedom of speech." "How about Nigger, or a swastika? Can he paint them?" I'm grasping. He looks at me like I probably brought it on myself.
  In the end I can do nothing. As I mentioned in the last posting. Status Quo.      

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home