Friday, October 22, 2010

NO TITTIE SUNDAY

I just saw Savage Lynch and he had nothing to report. Yesterday afternoon I tried behind Gene's house in an old plywood stand I usually reserve for really shitty weather. I saw a spike chasing a doe. And this morning I went back and saw nothing. So with nothing to report and time on my hands before the afternoon hunt, might as well ponder a little theology.
Looking at the videos (now on disposabletv/youtube.com) of the two most recent churches, there is a marked difference between them. Until the Jerry Williams Memorial Temple we had consistently held services on Sundays. Like the dollar burning, it was a tradition that had survived for over 25 years. The Sunday Mortgage burning service video is chill, kinda sweet, with kids and dogs. The JW Temple is raucous (no small part due to Caki Calas' noise makers) and looks like a whole lot more dangerous fun. I'm just throwing it out there, but what if we changed church to Saturday night? Would that be wrong?
And that reminds me of the Babydoll Tittie Bar Easter services we held in 1988. They were all on Sunday. In fact that was the only day we could do them. Linda and Robin Clemens (members of the congregation) worked behind the Babydoll bar and they hooked me up with Irving, the owner. Irving pulled me aside before the first service and in a low whisper told me the rules in no uncertain terms. "Listen, I don't know what kind of church you are but we got rules....." Irving put his cigar in the ashtray and leaned in closer. "No tittie." Then he picked up his cigar and stuck it back in his mouth. "No tittie on Sunday." he said again, poking me in the chest and went out the door, leaving the Babydoll Lounge to The Church of the Little Green Man....fully clothed. I think I'll hunt Bird's this afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home