Monday, November 8, 2010

THE LYNCH REPORT

All text by Savage Lynch. Reported from memory:
"Yeah, I came down last week. I picked up my case of sake and packed the tools in the truck. Mupp (Bird) and I are still working at the lake but I'm hunting behind the house. I've been seeing all this activity under that oak tree alongside my house. It's like candy to them. A couple of spikes. A four pointer and a pretty nice eight. I came home tonight to put in the last hour and Junebug said she had seen a nice eight pointer underneath the oak and...." Here I begin to ask Savage Junebug's ability to judge a buck. "120-130?" I ask like I know what the fuck I'm talking about. "Good G-3s?" Savage continues. "JB said she did not know and did not care. It looked big. Period. So I went back in the stand and some guy must've tried to drop off a dog at the animal shelter and it got loose. So all I heard the whole time in the stand was "BUCK! Buuuuuck. Come here BUUUUUUUUCK." until dark. No deer."

As for me I've been seeing more deer and I even came to full draw on a doe on Friday. But she stepped behind a tree and i never got a good shot. It snowed this afternoon and I saw a four pointer and jumped some does. Gun season opens a week from Saturday. The weather looks good. We got time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home