Wednesday, July 10, 2013

VAMPIRE BLOOD DRIVE RASTA ZOMBIE CHURCH OF THE LITTLE GREEN MAN

 As my mother was fond of saying: "4th of July- summer's over." So, as many of you would like to ignore the fact, Halloween is right around the corner. Time to get to work. And as it always seems to rest with me on these issues, a theme must be chosen. This is what I've decided. (see title) This theme encompasses a lot of choices for sexy costumes and hymns. As we all know, THIS is why we go to church. I'm picturing fanged supermodel nurses in undead dread locks, squirting syringes filled with dark rum, and shotgun smoke spleeves into sinner's mouths. Any takers?
  
   Yesterday i was putting on the roof of the lion cage when a couple of cool cats pulled up in a bright, shiny, red '67 Lemans convertible. True story. Two guys with big dark beards got out and introduced themselves as local rabbis. Yeah, sure. They reported that my signs were all over facebook and how much they liked the place. I was trying to glue down plywood and didn't have much time to gab. But, they were both friendly and as the conversation progressed I discovered they really WERE rabbis! Turns out these two are trying to rejuvenate  the Mountaindale Shul- with booze and herring on Sat. mornings. That's just what King of the Jews Pigpen Rothman and I discussed for the Glen Wild Shul. The only thing weirder than this idea, is these two being rabbis. Nonetheless, who am I to judge? It was then I had an epiphany. I was building the cage not just for a lion, but for the rasta lion- The Lion of Judah. Red, gold and green flashed before my eyes. Christianity, Judaism, Animism and pot smoking......I think I'm onto something.
  
   Today I went by Liberty Iron Works to get Joe to give me a price on the bars. All he wanted to know was how much the lion weighed and which Osterhouts I was related to? Association with certain branches of the O's can be problematic in this neck of the woods. I didn't get into the theological implications of the lion in religious iconography. Lets keep on target. "1/2 inch rod won't do." Joe informed me. He was right. I had a feeling this wasn't Joe's first lion cage. I settled on 3/4" rod with 3/8" welded plate. The thing will hold Houdini. Now if I can only afford it. I'm still waiting on the quote. So this is the plan- church sometime in late October. You got the themes. Jah willing the lion will be here. Start working on your reggae beats. Ire Rastafari.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home