Wednesday, February 10, 2010

ON SPEAKER

Maybe it's my short term memory loss, but I swear Shewho never told me that her phone only worked on speaker. So the other day in the midst of our phone conversation involving her afternoon encounter with a major Hollywood celeb. I mentioned that I had recently seen one of her films where she screws and jerks off her son, then her son kills her with a knife......and I think I made some crack about "star fucking"......"You know you're on speaker?" I did not. What I did know is she had a tiny apartment and 14 year old Teehoo was most likely close by. Christ!
I blamed her (and rightfully so) for not telling me, or at least reminding me that I was being broadcast into the room. But the next conversation I have no such excuse. We were discussing our plans for the next couple of weeks when I mentioned that on the 19th, 20th and 21st of Feb. I would be busy coyote hunting, trying for a $2000 prize in a local contest. The words no sooner passed my lips then I heard a squeal and gasp in the background. That sweet little animal activist was incensed. I had not planned to let this one out of the bag. I had just gotten her used to deer season and did not want to press my luck. Too late.
By the time I got off the phone there was already an email in my inbox. Staring at me were 4 of the cutest little coyote pups the internet had to offer, and a heartfelt plea from Teehoo to spare their mother. Ugh. How the hell that kid found those photos so quickly is beyond me. I know this is going to be a constant battle of justification on my part. For now I'm still going to hunt that weekend. Hell, I sent in my $35 and a crack at $2000 is real money. I told Shewho to get a new phone fast, before I shoot myself in the foot again and scolded Teehoo for misuse of her 14 year old superpowers. Those pups ARE Soooooooo cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home