Friday, June 1, 2012

NOTHING FOR SALE

 OK, that's not entirely true. Some of my work is for sale. But since I corner the market, I can control the price. As for the crowd I draw to my shindigs, it's way to high. That said, it's only going up. You see, I don't really need a sales record to raise my prices. Rule of thumb from now on is the prices double every couple of years. Who knows whose living room I'll be showing in in 2014, but that's the deal. No, what I'm talking about is the lack of vendors at any of my "functions". The other night as i leaned against the Golden Animals' van, complete with busted windows and plastic bag fixes, with Chuckles McCormick, I noted there was nowhere on premises that money was being exchanged. There were no CDs nor t shirts nor merch. of any kind from the bands. All the food and drink were free. Maybe people were quietly making drug deals in the bushes, but I didn't see anything (I swear). This environment was entirely unique. Want to buy a drink? Bar's down the road.
   For three days people provided for the community at no charge. Diamond Dave put on a helluva open bar and finger food spread at THE BARn on Saturday. I Q'ed up the two big gobblers I shot on Sunday, while Dirty Dave the Dentist sprung for a keg. And on Monday Slick and Beeks opened the lake house and even without plates, no one went hungry. This is the spirit I want to foster. It's all about sharing. People are doing these things on their own dime. I appreciate it when people know how to picnic. We're like the fucking Amish. Bring a covered dish and leave the merch. at home. You can't buy this stuff. It takes a Glen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home