Saturday, February 13, 2016

BEYOND THE 'YONCE?

I've got Janet Jackson's "nip slip" on VHS. I happened to be recording the Super Bowl that year because my home town knuckleheads the Teutals from OCC were slated to be on a commercial. I was in the midst of negotiating a deal to build a motorcycle that would smuggle bull sperm into Cuba. Suffice it to say it never happened. Those boys got way too big way too fast to deal with. Where are they now? who knows. Last time I saw Mikey he was helping a friend price out putting a roof on my shul. How the mighty..... If I want to relive the glory days of OCC or JJ I slip the tape in the VCR. I did not tape this year's game.
    So when I heard of the shit storm that Beyonce had unleashed with her half time show i was a bit confused. I was awake (I think) and watched Beyonce save the show from that lame-o Chris Martin. She entered the stadium followed by a squad of long legged hotties in black berets and afro wigs. She sang some song (that sounded pretty good) and they all marched off and the game resumed. It was only after the fact that I even got the connection to the Black Panthers. This is the same woman who performed for Gadafi's kin on New Years Eve in St. Barts in 2009, making big bank off of a dictator, for a cameo. Then there's her husband Jay-Z who got in bed with the government/developer complex in order to invoke eminent domain in a Brooklyn neighbor, displacing hundreds in order to put in Barclays Stadium. There was Mr. and Mrs. Z celebrating with Bloomberg and the rest of the power structure. All for a few jobs selling hot dogs and cleaning up after the rich. These people are not only entertainers, they are very....very rich and powerful entertainers.
   To distill the Panthers down to back up dancers in afro wigs and berets at a super bowl halftime show is beyond LUDICROUS! Huey's spinning in his grave. Where's the free breakfast program? Where's the legal defense fund for the disenfranchised? Where's the money you rich fucks? The only thing more pitiful than the 'Yonce biting off BP stylin' is the fact that there is a white people backlash against her performance. Wiki-History has become the norm. I'm already boycotting the Oscars. You can add the 'Yonce to my list. And it's not because she invoked the memory of the Panthers. It's because she did it so poorly.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home