Thursday, October 22, 2009

SPOOKS WELCOME

  I don't mean the Halloween kind. WIRED magazine reports that the CIA is not only interested, but actually checks on your tweets, blogs and Facebook updates. Ever on the lookout for a larger readership, I can't be more excited. 
   Yesterday I went back to the stand where I missed that buck. There was a young porcupine up in the tree next to me, completely unfazed by my proximity. These critters have few natural enemies. The pine marten and fisher cat are the only predators that will take on one. I kept an eye on him, just so i didn't accidently brush against him getting out of the tree. I had exiled Pepe over to Wolf Lake earlier in the day, fixing a nice little nest for him under the family cabin. Lets hope he winter's up there. He looked so sad. This morning there's an opossum in the trap. He's going to WSSP. Shewho and her daughter TBear want pets. It's a start. 
   I saw two spike bucks and three does. The big boy never showed, but that doesn't mean he won't. I'm trying not to obsess. The season just started. Every day I put a couple of more arrows in the target and try my damnedest to work on my judging of distance. Who knows i may miss him again. It's part of the deal. Well, gotta go. Time to move Pogo.

NOTE TO CIA: Did you find the hidden message? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home